Grant Request Guidelines (Print copy)
All requests for grants will follow the same format that has been voted on and approved by the Memphis Area Master Gardeners Association, Inc. (referred here as The Association) Board and membership. It is set below.
1) A standard Grant Request will be used. It will be available on the public side of The Association website and at The Association office (Shelby County Extension Office, 7777 Walnut Groce Road, Suite B Box 21, Memphis, TN 38120). The form can be filled out online and forwarded to the current Chairperson of the Grants Committee via an email address listed on the public side of The Association website. Or it can be printed, filled out and mailed to The Association at the Address listed above, to the attention of the current Chairperson of the Grants Committee. Grant requests will be accepted and reviewed continually as they are received throughout the calendar year.
2) Based on information presented by the Grants Committee, The Association Board will review and recommend for approval or denial all grant requests. Grant requests in excess of $200 must be additionally approved by The Association membership.
3) Any organization that is making a request for a grant shall present the following information on the Grant Request Form:
- The name, mailing address, and phone number of the requesting organization; and the name, phone number and email address of the organization's contact person.
- An explanation of how the requesting organization's proposed project fits within the mission of The Association.
- Justification for the requested amount, i.e., an itemized list of how the requested funds will be spent.
- Any additional information that The Association should consider in making a decision about the requested grant.
4) The current Chairperson of the Grants Committee will notify the requesting organization if their request has been approved or denied. The current Chairperson of the Grants Committee will submit the monetary request to The Association Treasurer for disbursement if approved.
5) All requests will be considered a “one time only” grant and will not become part of The Association's annual budget, unless voted on and approved by The Association Board and membership. One grant request is allowed per year. The requesting organization may submit for a grant request in subsequent years.
6) After the funds have been dispersed and the requesting
organization has completed its proposed project, the requesting organization will be invited to present the results of their project to The Association membership. Progress reports are encouraged and should be submitted to the current Chairperson of the Grants Committee.